Looking to squeeze in one last getaway this summer? There is still time for a last minute summer trip in the Northwest and expert tips for snagging last minute travel deals.
Drive onto the island from its northern tip to see Deception Pass. Pack a picnic and stop in at the state park for lunch and trail blazing or beach combing.
· Don’t miss the Blue Fox Drive-in for Go Karts + drive-in movies (one of the few drive-ins left in Washington state!)
· Spend the night in a variety of affordable hotels in Oak Harbor or head to Coupeville (15 minute drive). The Cliff House is an amazing rental property in a restored historic home overlooking Penn Cove.
· Grab cinnamon rolls at Knead and Feed Bakery in downtown Coupeville (as seen in the Sandra Bullock movie, Practical Magic!)
· Head to Langley to explore the quaint artist village, some can’t miss stops:
o The Star Store– in Langley, the best stop for natural foods, souvenirs and gifts.
o Useless Bay Coffee – in Langley, grab beans to take home or a post-lunch pick-me-up
o Langley Whale Center – stop in and talk with them about the best spots around town to peek for whales
o Double Bluff Brewing – in Langley Whidbey’s first brewery; opened Fall 2015
· Afternoon visit to Double Bluff Beach , a four mile round trip beach walk with views of Mt. Rainier and Seattle on a clear day and dramatic bluffs on the other side.
· Depart Clinton Ferry landing, ferry back to Seattle; boats leave every 30 minutes for a 20-minute crossing.
What is your favorite last minute summer destination?