This is a guest post from the fabulous Kim Brooks at Pink Pagoda Style.
With summer winding down and back to school imminent, you still have time to throw together some summer style for that last minute beach trip for Labor Day weekend. Perhaps a trip to the coast or to a lake front cabin. What to pack? I have you covered. Whether sitting on the beach, heading into town for a bite to eat, or an evening spent around the campfire, you’ll have everything to need to be comfortable and put together.
5 Hip Weekend Getaway Essentials
1. Cute Cover-up: Start with a cute cover-up that can transition from bathing suit cover to sundress, this one is a steal at $12 from JC Penny.
2. Some Basics: Throw into your weekend duffle, a pair of your favorite shorts, some basic tanks in a couple of colors and your perfect fitting tee.
3. Yes, You can pack your Yoga Pants: This is also a trip that can put your yoga pants to use, outside of the gym. They are a perfect weight to add some warmth in the evening or breeze control for an early morning walk on the beach.
4. A Good Fleece Jacket: The most important piece in this ensemble, is a good fleece jacket. Not your standard hoodie, but one that has some flair. Dressy enough to wear over your sundress, long enough to cover your bottom in your yoga pants, and still a washable fleece that you won’t worry about if covered in sand. This grey piece was a fabulous find on Etsy.
5. The Right Shoes: Add in a pair of flip flops for the day, a wedge to dress things up, as well as some water friendly accessories to add a pop of personality without having to worry.
Finally, don’t forget your swim suit, sunnies and SPF. Have a fabulous time!
$125 - loungelover.com
$150 - ekseption.es
$280 - profilefashion.com
$185 - julesb.co.uk