Nothing could be sweeter than an evening talking travel, sipping some wine with good friends and cupcakes. The Mom’s Night Out: Sip and Plan Your Summer Trip event last Thursday at The Woodmark Hotel Yacht Club & Spa with my fellow family travel friends Michelle Duffy, Debbie Dubrow and Lora Shinn was a blast. Thanks to the Woodmark for hosting us in their beautiful property. Here’s a quick recap of the event:
The Place: The Woodmark Hotel Yacht Club & Spa was the perfect setting.
The Wine: Family owned Trio Vintners poured some yummy 2005 Syrah, and 2007 Lewis Vineyard Riesling. They are opening their new tasting room July 1 in downtown Walla Walla so grab your family and friends and plan a trip out to see them! Here are the wines to taste this weekend:
2007 Lewis Vineyard Riesling – Yakima Valley (reg price $16.00)
This single vineyard, single varietal wine is a pleasing Blend of apricot and honey fruit aromas. The bracing acidity is balanced by it’s off dry finish – making this a wonderful food wine when paired with a many foods, including dishes & aromatic cheeses. Bronze medal winner – Seattle Wine Awards
2005 Syrah – Columbia Valley (reg. price $26.00)
Layers of dark fruit, licorice, and cracked-pepper bacon all wrapped in silky tannins are just the beginning of this complex wine. The core of the syrah fruit is from the Boushey vineyard in Yakima Valley. Gold medal winner – Tri-Cities Wine Festival.
More info at www.triovintners.com
The Food: Light Appetizers were provided by the Woodmark and Trophy Cupcakes made some of the best cupcakes I’ve ever tasted.
The Giveaways: Congratulations to the attendees who won the fabulous overnight stay at The Woodmark,$100 Spa credit, Paul Frank Sunglasses from Occhio Optometry, Tote bag from Merin Designs, and Dozen Cupcakes from Trophy Cupcakes.
The Swag Bags: Attendees of the event scored big with this bag full of goodies. Want to get your own? Stay tuned soon to learn more about how you can get one of these.
Here’s what’s in it:
- Roll Up Market Tote from Lands End kept all of these goodies inside:
- BabyLegs Leg Warmers. With two girls, we have a basket of these and use them all year round.
- Mini Travel Activity Kitfrom TravelKiddy. A perfect pack of all of my kids’ favorites.
- SeeHere 8×8 photo book by Fuji
- Sticky Fingers Recipe of the Month Club Subscription so you can enjoy cooking with your kids.
- Gift Certificate for a free trial of GoGo Inflight Internet on your next air flight.
- $10 off gift certificatefor childcare at Adventure Kids Playcare
- Malie Kai Dark or Milk Chocolate Bars made with chocolate grown on the Island of Hawaii, a gift from The Islands of Hawaii
- $50 off your summer photo session from Judith Fernstrom Photography
- Beautiful girls felt hairclips from L&H Designs
- Episencial Premium Travel Sized Playful Foaming Wash
- Packing Pal packing checklist from Baby Daze