Packing List for Low Key Weekend Getaway. by pinkpagodastyle featuring a cotton sweater dress
Our resident Life + Style expert, Kim Brooks, is Hip Travel Mama’s personal stylist and the founder of Pink Pagoda Style. Kim will be giving us the tools to travel in style every Thursday here on HipTravelMama.com. To learn more about Kim, you can connect with her on Facebook, follow her on Twitter @PinkPagodaStyle, or read about her on the Team HTM page.
A last minute opportunity to get out of town for the weekend, whether as a family, a couple, or as a girls getaway, should not throw you in a flap on what to pack. Bringing these basics will give you a bevy of stylish yet comfortable options.
1) Overnight Bag: Keep it simple, no need for a full-sized suitcase.
2) Your Favorite Coat: Anywhere locale in the Pacific Northwest is still going to be chilly. So plan to wear your favorite, longer coat as it can go casual or dress things up.
3) A Few Tops: You only need a few tops. One to include is a tunic or sweater dress that can be worn casually for daytime comfort and dressed up for evening. A couple of cute layering tops, and a fun athletic sweatshirt/jacket for breezing about.
4) Your Go-To Skinny Jeans: Your go-to skinny jeans are a must, they mix well with any of the top and footwear options. And a good pair of thick leggings are a travel must.
5) Footwear: Just like the long coat, plan to wear your boots to save on packing room. Boots are such a NW travel staple as they look good with legging through to the dress. A pair of cute flats and some athletic shoes will complete this list.
6) Low-Key Sparkle: A little bit of low-key sparkle to complete your look. An easy way to dress things up, should the need arise.
What are your must-have clothing items when you travel? Let us know in the comments below!