Looking to squeeze in one last getaway this summer? There is still time for a last minute summer trip in the Northwest and expert tips for snagging last minute travel deals.
Plus here is the full itinerary for the Whidbey Island trip, courtesy of Whidbey and Camano Island Tourism.
Drive onto the island from its northern tip to see Deception Pass. Pack a picnic and stop in at the state park for lunch and trail blazing or beach combing.
- Don’t miss the Blue Fox Drive-in for Go Karts + drive-in movies (one of the few drive-ins left in Washington state!)
- Spend the night in a variety of affordable hotels in Oak Harbor or head to Coupeville (15 minute drive). The Cliff House is an amazing rental property in a restored historic home overlooking Penn Cove.
- Grab cinnamon rolls at Knead and Feed Bakery in downtown Coupeville (as seen in the Sandra Bullock movie, Practical Magic!)
- Head to Langley to explore the quaint artist village, some can’t miss stops:
- The Star Store– in Langley, the best stop for natural foods, souvenirs and gifts.
- Useless Bay Coffee – in Langley, grab beans to take home or a post-lunch pick-me-up
- Langley Whale Center – stop in and talk with them about the best spots around town to peek for whales
- Double Bluff Brewing – in Langley Whidbey’s first brewery; opened Fall 2015
- Afternoon visit to Double Bluff Beach , a four mile round trip beach walk with views of Mt. Rainier and Seattle on a clear day and dramatic bluffs on the other side.
- Depart Clinton Ferry landing, ferry back to Seattle; boats leave every 30 minutes for a 20-minute crossing.
What is your favorite last minute summer destination?