What better way to lift the spirits than an afternoon wine tasting with fun friends? It’s Washington Wine Month (also now known as #WAugust) and to celebrate, I’m featuring a few of my favorite places for an easy wine tasting and happy hour in Woodinville Wine Country. Bookmark this post to plan the best Woodinville wine tasting itinerary with your favorite people. Be sure to follow my adventure reels on Instagram too!
Just 30 minutes north of Seattle, Woodinville Wine Country is home to more than 130 of Washington’s best wineries, breweries, and distilleries and there are endless combinations to curate a fun Washington wine tasting itinerary to tantalize your tastebuds. When I’m not sharing travel tips on the blog, I also have the great fortune to work with some of these amazing winemakers, chefs, and people in this wine community. Here are some of my fave spots to taste, sip and dine (and stay!) that are Hip Travel Mama approved!
Hip Travel Mama Approved Easy Summer Woodinville Happy Hour Tasting
My go-to alfresco places when I only have a quick afternoon to taste:
2:00 pm Jaine Cottage. Start out with this impressive lineup of crisp sauv blancs, chardonnays, and some tasty chilled rosés. I loved sipping the 2021 Stoneridge Blanc De Cabernet Franc. Perfect sipping on a hot day.3:00 pm Mark Ryan Winery. A fan favorite for many and home to some of Washington’s best red blends and more, this fun tasting room is now available for walk-ins (I recommend making a reservation if you have a tight timeline or calling ahead for a big group). If you are in the tasting room, don’t forget to ask for a bonus pour of the 2020 Crazy Mary Mourvèdre. Back by popular demand after a two-year hiatus – there are limited quantities available so stock up while it lasts. 4:30 pm Willows Lodge Fireside Lounge. Dine alfresco or inside for “Happier Hour” 3:00pm – 5:30pm with a classic cocktail, glass of Washington wine, or a cocktail and some sharable bites. The Fireside Loung menu is robust enough for a full dinner too, so come hungry! Seating is on a first come first serve basis and can fill up fast on Chateau Ste. Michelle concert nights in the summer. Check out the new cocktail menu and one of my new faves, the “Hotel/Motel” cocktail – ron zacapa, flor de cana, abricot du roussillon, pineapple, lime
Full-day weekend tasting itinerary
Sample some of the best and newest spots in Woodinville Wine Country with this full-day weekend itinerary. (Add one of the above into the mix and build in these top spots to taste wine in Woodinville. (Check tasting room times as they can vary during the week and weekend).
- 10:00 am Fuel up for the day ahead at the Rusty Pelican for breakfast, or SideKick Coffee Grab to coffee and a pastry.
- 11:00 am Toast to the day ahead at McQueen Champagne Bar for bubbles – new in the District Flats Wine Alley community a short drive/ 5 min walk from the new Woodin Creek Village.
- 12:30 Lunch at Hollywood Tavern True comfort food! (don’t forget to try the fried pickles or a classic boozy milkshake)
- 1:30 Novelty Hill Januik Enjoy a tasting and some Bocce ball on this beautiful property.
- 3:00 pm Tasting at Sparkman Cellars. Sparkman also has an impressive event space and programming to check out year-round.
- 4:15 pm Delille Cellars This gorgeous new tasting room includes three floors of impressive tasting room space including a spectacular rooftop deck and exclusive perks such as club-exclusive access to wine club floors.
- 6:00 pm Dinner at Barking Frog. In collaboration with local farmers, food artisans, and foragers, New Executive Chef Dylan Herrick and his team serve up seasonal menus for the senses.
- Not ready to head home yet? Stay the night at Willows Lodge, for a luxurious overnight escape that feels a million miles from the hustle and bustle of the city.
Other favorite wineries to check out:
- Gorman Winery
- Guardian Cellars
- JM Cellars
- Patterson Cellars
And the new Wine Alley in Woodin Creek
Beer lovers don’t miss:
- 20 Corners Brewing
- Triplehorn Brewing
- Hops and Seed
Whiskey and Distilleries:
- Woodinville Whiskey
- Copper Cat Distillery
- Four Leafs Distillery
Mix in some fun local Woodinville experiences:
- Bike ride and picnic along the Sammamish River trail
- Woodinville Farmers Market (Saturdays at 10:00 am)
- Molbaks for some garden inspiration + a coffee
- Concert at Cheatua Ste. Michelle including
- Live music at Village Wines
There are endless combinations of tasting itineraries. Explore all of the Washington wineries in Woodinville on the Woodinville Wine Country interactive map.
What are your favorite places to taste and dine in Woodinville?