We all need a little more adventure in our lives. I’m excited to reveal my new Hip Travel Mama Adventure Series, where I feature family, friend, and date-approved local adventures and getaways for us mamas to build in a little more adventure in our lives. We’ve been hitting a lot of big milestones here in the Hartzell house. Two graduations last month, and a big 18 birthday for our oldest daughter, so to celebrate, we headed downtown Seattle for a quick overnight stay to check in to the Four Seasons Seattle, stroll through Pike Place Market, some pool time, dinner, and an improv comedy show.
It was the perfect beautiful summer day for a Seattle staycation at the Four Seasons Seattle with teens. Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts has properties around the country and you can easily replicate a similar curated itinerary in your city to create your own treasured memories together with teens and that special birthday.
Here’s our Hip Travel Mama Approved 18th Birthday Seattle Staycation Adventure with Teens Itinerary:
- 12:00pm Arrive, valet and drop bags at the hotel
- 12:00-1:00 pm Reservation at the Pink Door for lunch on the terrace
- 1:00-3:00 pm Explore Pike Place Market and the Seattle Waterfront. Take a ride in the Seattle Great Wheel for breathtaking views of the city
- 3:00 – 4:30 pm Back to swim and relax by the pool at the Four Seasons Seattle
- 4:00 pm Check-in At Four Seasons Seattle
- 5:00 pm Happy Hour cocktails and mocktails on the pool deck or in Gold Finch Tavern Lobby Bar
- 7:00 pm Dinner resy at Le Pichet or Il Bistro (in Post Alley)
- 8:30 pm stroll the iconic Post Alley Gum Wall for some summer selfies
- 9:00 pm Catch a show. Our teens loved the Improv show at Unexpected Productions‘ Improv Theatre
- 11:00 pm Return to the hotel for late-night jammies, snacks, and TV watching (I always bring my Amazon Firestick for quick access to all of our streaming accounts in a flash)
- Sleep in and do weekend brunch at Ethan Stowell’s Goldfinch Tavern (9:00 am – 2:00 pm) or schedule room service in (did I mention they have a coffee concierge?!)
- 12:00 pm Check out and explore the city some more, grab some fresh fish at Pike Place Market, or a curated meal kit from Kitchen & Market for your return home dinner.
Rainy day ideas:
Stay at the Four Seasons Seattle Hotel
It was SO great to be back at the Four Seasons, even for a quick overnight. I hosted a sold-out Mamacation event at the Four Seasons Seattle back in 2011 and love this hotel. This 147 guest room luxury Seattle hotel includes 13 luxury suites, many with sweeping Puget Sound sunset views. Interior design fans will appreciate the warm tones and Northwest-inspired décor, residential-style furnishings and premium luxury amenities, and the location is central to so many downtown Seattle adventures. The hotel sits just one block from Pike Place Market, a short two blocks from the Waterfront and Seattle Great Wheel, and across the street from the Seattle Museum of Modern Art, so you won’t have to walk far to immerse yourself in the vibrant history, art, and culinary delights of Seattle.
And did I mention the infinity pool and the Seattle sunsets over the Olympic Mountains? During the summer months, the Four Seasons Hotel’s fourth-floor pool deck turns into a luxurious Northwest resort playground with summer weekend family-friendly programming including pop-up shops, poolside dining, and a delicious cocktail menu for pretending you are poolside in at a luxury beach resort. Seattle summers are fleeting, so the property sells out quickly in the summer months. Currently, the property is offering a third-night free offer and several value dates. Explore your options for this special occasion splurge here. Here are some dreamy photos the hotel provided for some splurge inspiration. These moments are fleeting, so if you can swing it for a night, give yourself permission to splurge now and then. (For best value rates, look for a Sunday night, or mid-week stay).
More photos from our weekend itinerary exploring Pike Place Market, dinner and Theatre Sports can be found here on the Hip Travel Mama Instagram and subscribe to my email newsletter for more curated, Hip Travel Mama Adventure Itineraries delivered to your inbox!
A big shout out to the Four Seasons Seattle team for helping us create this special 18th birthday family weekend.
Disclosure: We were hosted by the Four Seasons Hotel and received a complimentary stay for review purposes. Itinerary, recommendations, opinions and reviews are always my own.