Northern California is home toThe Carmel Valley Ranch, a hotel that has been on my list for a while, and is this week’s “C” in our A-Z #WellTraveledFamily Challenge. Carmel, California receives 300 days of sunshine a year (sign us up!) and has so many fun things to do for families. Want to join the A-Z #WellTraveledFamily challenge? Details below!
From buzzing around to hitting the links, there are plenty of ways to play at the Carmel Valley Ranch. Here are three ways we’re dreaming of exploring the Carmel Valley Ranch:
1. FROM “A TO BEE” AT THE BEE EXPERIENCE
Start with a lavender and honey lemonade, then suit up in a beekeeping suit with your family and walk directly into the hives! You can taste Carmel Valley Ranch honey directly from the hives and you’ll get to take home a travel-sized lavender beeswax balm. One of our favorite parts? A portion of the proceeds will benefit the Help The Honeybees Charity! It’s $50 per adult and $35 per child to experience this unique way to play this Summer.
2. GOLF ON THE CARMEL VALLEY RANCH GOLF COURSE
This 18-hole par-70 course was designed by Pete Dye, and is among the best US gold courses as rated by Travel+Leisure. The course offers stunning views, friendly wildlife, tactical challenges, and playability. They also offer golf coaching from one of the top 25 schools in America, so you can perfect your game while visiting!
3. PARENT-FREE FUN AT RANCH HANDS KIDS CAMP
The Kids Camp program was designed by certified schoolteachers, and allows your children to play in a huge natural playground. Whether they’re hiking, swimming, singing silly songs and games, playing tennis and golf, or makingsome fun arts and crafts, they’re sure to have a great time. The Ranch Hands Kids Camp has weekly themes like Wild, Wild, West and Our Friendly Planet, and offers half-day, full-day, or evening programs with lunch and snack.
How would you love to play at the Carmel Valley Ranch? Share with us on Facebook or in the comments below!
Start the A-Z #WellTraveledFamily Summer Challenge today! What is it and how do you play? There are roughly 13 weeks to summer, so each week, we’ll be back sharing inspiration with you to get out and travel with your family, sharing great destinations, trying new things, and finding a bit of magic along the way–each corresponding to one of the letters of the week.
Here’s how to join in on the fun using social media and blogs for inspiration this summer:
1. Develop your own A-Z #WellTraveledFamily Summer Travel Plan: You don’t have to travel far this summer to play – the A-Z #WellTraveledFamily challenge is all about getting creative this summer and exploring and reconnecting as a family. Sit down with your family and plan out your own A-Z Summer Travel Challenge. Where do you want to go? Get the kids involved and make this fun. Consider food, activities and destinations by letter of the alphabet.
2. Share your A-Z ideas and trip photos on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram: Have an idea for an A-Z travel experience or destination or need ideas? Share your own A-Z Summer Travel ideas and trips on Facebook and with @HipTravelMama on Twitter, Instagram your photos using the #welltraveledfamily hashtag. We’ll have some great prizes throughout the summer, so make sure you “like” us and “follow us” to play! Make sure you send them a link to this blog post so your friends know how to play too!
Most of all – HAVE FUN WITH THIS and get out and explore with your family this summer.